Muscle mass includes the weight of the muscles in your body. Muscle mass plays a crucial role in our body for fitness and fat burning. People with a higher muscle to fat ratio tend to have a higher basal metabolic rate (BMR).
The best way to increase the muscle mass is through a process called myofibrillar hypertrophy. This involves an increase in size of skeletal muscle through a growth in size of its component cells. In actuality, during myofibrillar hypertrophy, actin and myosin contractile proteins increase in number and add to muscular strength.
The simplest way to do it is by increasing the amount of weights one is lifting, decrease the reps and lots of recovery.
The heavier the weights you lift, the stronger your body becomes, and the bigger your muscles grow. High intensity training where you are lifting heavy weights is greatly beneficial. It should be done similar to strength training. Strength training is a type of exercise focused in the use of resistance. In a nutshell, you need to put as much weight as you can so that you can barely do as 5 reps. This will induce muscular contraction which builds the strength as well as stimulate the production of Growth Hormone (GH). This is the hormone that stimulates growth, cell reproduction, and cell regeneration in humans.
High weights will mean less reps. It is important to reduce the reps because initial heavy weights will make the body produce lactate. Strength training is typically associated with the production of lactate, which is a limiting factor of exercise performance.
After this intense exercise, it is greatly advised that you must recover well. Get 8-9 hours of sleep. Good recovery will trigger more production of Growth Hormone (GH). This is good for cell reproduction and cell regeneration and that will occur when you are well rested.
- When properly done, this kind of exercise can provide significant functional benefits and improvement in overall health and well-being. Some of the benefits include
- Increased bone, muscle, tendon, and ligament strength and toughness.
- Improved joint function
- Reduced potential for injury
- Increased bone density
- Increased metabolism
- Increased fitness
- Improved cardiac function
- Aside from the functional benefits mentioned above, there is increased physical attractiveness. There is evidence that a body type consisting of broad shoulders and a narrow waist, is the most physically attractive male attribute according to many women
- Stimulating Growth Hormone (GH).