It is important that we understand muscles are built from protein. The more protein your body stores, the larger your muscles grows. Your body is constantly draining its protein reserves for other uses for example in making hormones. The result is less protein available for muscle building. Muscle cells contain protein.
It is important to note that muscles are predominantly powered by the oxidation of fats and or carbohydrates.
I like the way Mike Chang breaks down this huge topic on muscle building for beginners.
Just start by doing anything. Anything is better than you doing nothing. Do push ups if you’re looking to build your chest, for example.
What should I do to build muscle in a certain area?
– Honestly, you doing anything is better than you doing nothing.
– You don’t have any weights or a gym membership? Do push ups if you’re looking to build your chest, for example.
Now I’m not saying that any exercise you choose to do will be the BEST exercise.
– This all depends on you as an individual and how your body will respond to different movements.
– What works for one person may not work for another, you have to find it.
Let’s say you want to build:
– Arms: do curls
– Chest: do bench press
– Legs: do squats
– Back: do pull ups
– Shoulders: do military presses
– Triceps: do skull crushers
Those exercises aren’t magic, they may not even work best for you.
– Here’s the difference, it’s all about HOW you do these exercises that determines the results you get.
3:40 For example, your hand positioning matters when doing different exercises.
– Also, your range of motion and all over body position matters.
**There are so many different answers and that’s where it gets interesting!
The different variations and different ways of doing everything is really based on what you’re trying to work on and focus on more.
– So, start with the most basic variation of a certain exercise then adjust that as you get stronger and as your needs change.
You can start worrying about that later on, if you’re just getting started then you need to crawl before you walk.
– Make $100,000 before you can make your million!
If you take only one thing from this video:
– Just take action, get started!
– Pick a muscle group, pick an exercise and just do it!
**I’ve just told you that there is no perfect exercise for you, so you don’t need to worry about being perfect from the beginning.
– Pick your exercise and just get started.
– I named a bunch at the beginning, so pick one of those.
– 6 months down the road then you can ask about variations, but before then it can just be too confusing and easy to over think.